Barendreeo Handicrafts is a Creative non-governmental organization of handmade products. It started its journey since 2011 based on Rajshahi city. Over time, it spreads its working network to the nearby Varendra area and Chapai Nawabganj district. Barendreeo Handicrafts is working with extremely poor women to support themselves and their families. Over the last two years, it has created employment for more than two hundred jobless women of two districts in Rajshahi Division. Barendreeo Handicrafts put emphasizes on promotion of marketing of its own products. We collect order from different organizations, shops, established farms etc for supplying their demanded products. Our range of production depends on the demands of buyer. Barendreeo is not only a commercial house but also an effective Social Welfare Organization for Rural poor women of Varendra Area. It follows a big network of home based workers.
We are a group of young highly educated, passionate and dedicated personnel who wishes from heart and soul to develop the rural community and creating employment opportunities for helpless poor women. We consider the social development more than the business or profit. The organization is run by a women entrepreneur who has long term experience of field based handicrafts community. The supporting team members are also highly motivated and experienced in this sector.
- To organize the home based workers
- To provide proper training
- Take contract from different buyers
- To arrange raw materials to the workers
- To ensure payments to the workers in due time
- To prepare for marketing the produced products
- To make liaison with different organizations and buyers
- To keep good relation between workers and buyers
- To provide all kinds of product design to the workers from our own studio.
- To make the workers skill with our effective training
- To create social awareness among the workers
The main goal of the organization is to provide proper training to rural poor women and make them self-dependent earning family member. In rural village areas, most of the women are jobless and stays at home when their male family members work and earn for living. Therefore, females are mostly dependent on their male family members. Following this system remains them poor and unproductive. Our organization’s main purpose to provide proper training for handicrafts products, so that they can also contribute to their family expenses and thus remove poverty. Our main target to utilize the large number of our rural village poor women as our worker to make them self-dependent and earning person. Although our priority goes to women, we also encourage and welcome poor village jobless men worker in small scale to our organization.
We have set up our organization’s vision for 2018 under the term ‘Vision 18’. The main purpose of it is to make easier to reach our goal and following right path way of its journey over time. The major visions that need to be given higher priority to cover up our goals are as follows:
- To spread our activities to nearby 5 districts
- To ensure 85% workers are female
- To create 70% work on home based workers
- To literate all the workers to sign up their name and reading capabilities
- To set up at least 5 show rooms at 5 districts
- To keep balancing between right and profit
- To provide family planning knowledge
- To aware them about women’s right
- To provide knowledge about health, diseases and cleanliness
- To educate them about children vaccination
- To encourage their children to send school and make educated
- To ensure their participation with different social activities
- To keep our products eco friendly (including all process e.g. Eco dying)
At present we are working on Rajshahi and Chapai Nawabgonj district, Bangladesh. Within a short period of time we are going to expand our organization to nearby other districts.